Sarquol Limited was created as a vehicle for the provision of the Professional Services of David Howard. David is an MSP and PRINCE2 Practitioner certified Manager with strong Technical and Business capability who works with clients to help solve their messy IT problems.
David is a professionally qualified Engineer and has over 20 years IT experience gained from a range of organisation types from financial institutions to the NHS. Some of his key successes have included:
- Managed and Architected ABN AMRO’s Commercial Internet Banking solutions for emerging markets in Russia and Turkey, within a time to market of less than 6 months and hence providing significant new capability for these markets;
- Managed and Architected a strategic credit management solution that allowed NatWest to automate the majority of their out of order account processing, and hence to realise savings from time spent on these activities within the branch network.
- Led the delivery of over £10m of savings on a single BT project by restructuring the delivery approach for Management Information requirements within the London LSP contract;
His past engagements have included:
- Solutions Manager at Kantar Media Research
- Architect at BT Global Services
- Business and Technical Consultant at First Rate Travel Services
His core specialties include:
* Programme, Portfolio and Project Management; * Successful delivery within complex technical and political environments; * Strategic troubleshooting and consultancy; * Technical strategy, direction and quality assurance; * Development Process Consultancy, especially with respect to application of Agile techniques within formal environment;
For more detail see his public profile on LinkedIn: http://uk.linkedin.com/in/davidhoward …including his recommendations of which the following are a sample:
Thanks for making DM Search successful. Presently DM Search is live. Client is satisfied with the performace of DM Search. All credit goes to you because of your excellent management and guidance. Really I am very happy to work with.
December 11, 2006
“I consider myself a pretty hard man to impress but David was able to do it without even breaking a sweat. He is a great architect in every respect. Thoughtful and perceptive, technically adept and mindful of the business, versatile and resourceful. Outstanding negotiator, putting new meaning to the phrase “stakeholder management” – he really does manage them and he makes it look easy! Very impressive!” November 12, 2010
Systems Architect, R&D, Taylor Nelson Sofres (TNS)
“I had the pleasure of working with David for several years during which time David held a number of different roles, all within the LSP programme. During this time I was repeatedly impressed by the way in which David was able to combine technical rigour with the pragmatism required to ensure delivery. David demonstrated this both in interactions with teams within BT and also with external suppliers. David has a deep understanding of both the theory and practice of solutions architecture.” May 6, 2009
Chief Architect, BT
“I worked with David when he was delivering FALCON as part of the Retail Transformation Programme (alongside what is now Atos Origin my present company, curiously enough). He delivered success when all around was collapsing about our collective ears, and that’s the best recommendation going.” March 26, 2008
Technical Design Authority, NatWest Retail Bank