Since we are coming into the holiday period I will divert on to a little humour. This is an extract of a list doing the rounds on the internet, and so I can’t provide its source. E-mail me if you want the full list:
1. My mother taught me TO APPRECIATE A JOB WELL DONE.
“If you’re going to kill each other, do it outside. I just finished cleaning.”
8. My mother taught me about the science of OSMOSIS.
“Shut your mouth and eat your supper.”
9. My mother taught me about CONTORTIONISM.
“Will you look at that dirt on the back of your neck!”
12 My mother taught me about HYPOCRISY.
“If I told you once, I’ve told you a million times. Don’t exaggerate!”
18. My mother taught me MEDICAL SCIENCE.
“If you don’t stop crossing your eyes, they are going to freeze that way.”
20. My mother taught me HUMOR.
“When that lawn mower cuts off your toes, don’t Come running to me.”
25. And my favourite: My mother taught me about JUSTICE
“One day you’ll have kids, and I hope they turn out just like you!”