I have received feedback that the performance model would be more useful if it was better documented. I have, therefore, decided to illustrate the use of the model using a fictional example. The development and use of this example has been documented in a series of blog posts, the first of which is here:
The series includes a table of contents and navigation links in each series entry.
There is lot more that might be done with such a model, and so I would appreciate some feedback on what else would be useful.
Examples might include:
- How to make the model estimates adjust for year on year data growth.
- More detail on using the model for future planning.
- More detail on modelling user behaviour.
- More detail on modelling hardware behaviour and networks.
- Detail on building a queuing model from this model and keeping them aligned.
Please let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call on +44 7887 536083. I would appreciate your views.